In May 2009, I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and depression. A year on, I'm still fighting irrational thoughts and anxieties on a daily basis; this blog is intended to help me with my recovery, to encourage me to strive to do something different, something crazy - no matter how small - to remind me to embrace life and to not wither away!

Sunday 20 February 2011

It's funny...

...how you can be in world full of almost 7, 000,000,000 people
...in a country of 51,000,000
...attend a university of 14,000
...be in a flat with 10 other people lounging in their rooms...

...and all cos of one person, you feel so alone.

1 comment:

  1. Loneliness is a feeling of terrible poverty, and my heart goes out you ... words are cheap consolation, yet I can't overcome my instinct to write a few words in response to yours. So I'll simply say that, sometimes, the poverty of loneliness will slowly dissolve into a feeling of solitude, and solitude can be the place where some of our wisest decisions are made. In solitude it may be possible to chart the course of our life in a way which affirms us as individuals, not dependent on others to authenticate us, and this may be the place where we find true freedom. My dearest wish for you is that, given time, this may be your experience.

    ReplyDelete