In May 2009, I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and depression. A year on, I'm still fighting irrational thoughts and anxieties on a daily basis; this blog is intended to help me with my recovery, to encourage me to strive to do something different, something crazy - no matter how small - to remind me to embrace life and to not wither away!

Tuesday 23 November 2010

Murderous Intent.

I'm on a roll: two in one day!
(But seriously, there will probably be another hiatus of about 6 months, so don't close that 'youtube' tab just yet)

An extraordinary rush of ambition has hit me today and encouraged me to get in contact with London companies to apply for work placements at publishing companies and magazine houses! This extraordinary rush of ambition has yet to be put into action, however, though I'm sure over the course of the next three years it will be. (Well, students are known for their procrastination, aren't they?)

I'd love to keep my end goal in sight, and it's difficult to do so when you're slogging away on a 2,000 word essay on the origins of the First World War and resisting the urge to trap your arm in the window and spend a few hours at A&E, just to spend a few hours away from your desk.

Fingers crossed there will be some success....
(With the work experience, not with the 'maiming arm in window' plan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment